What is CoronaVirus (COVID-19)?
It is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS coronavirus 2 or SARS-CoV-2). The infection spreads from one person to another via respiratory droplets produced from the airways during coughing or sneezing. An infected person may develop headaches & sore throat, fever, dry cough, fatigue and shortness of breath.
In connection with Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the United Technical Services would like to share preventive measures or basic safety standards that everyone must follow:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Wash your hands:
- After blowing your nose
- Coughing or sneezing before, during and after preparing food
- Before eating
- After toilet use
- After handling animals or animal waste
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue – properly disposed of the tissue used in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using alcohol, wipes or sanitizers
- Face Masks should be used by people who show symptoms
- Seek medical advice for any symptoms
It is within our day-to-day habits to protect our health and by preventing the spread of the virus.
“Prevention is better than cure.”